The good old days.





I have a confession. I'm not from around here. I'm a time-traveller. I come from a different time.


I come from a time of delicious food. A time when ladies were modest and shy. A time when a guy need to gather courage for few semesters, to find strength to give a simple Salam to the girl he loved. A time when girls' faces become red when boys approached them to speak. A time when society frowned at the sight of unmarried muslim and muslimah sitting next to each other. 
I come from a different time. A time when students were polite and humble. A time when students tremble in fear and shame when corrected by their teachers. A time when people is measured based on their knowledge and contributions, not their ranks and positions. 

I come from a different time. A time when the girls are embarrassed to wear tight and provocative jeans, even in the comfort of their own house, even when there was no one around.


I come from a different time. A time when girls declined when guys wanted to take picture alone with them. A time when picture with a guy means a picture with a husband. 
I come from a different time. A time when love is lovely and deep. A time when a guy lied if he said that his love lasted for decades. Because it lasted for a lifetime instead. 
I come from a different time. A time when we didn't we have much. But the little that we have, we shared with each other. 
I come from a different time. A time when family matters more than friends. A time when family matters more than the world. A time when family is everything. 
I have a confession. I am a time-traveller. But I'm a time traveller of the worst kind. I can only travel forward.. 

How I missed the good old days...

- Confession of a time-traveller by Yazid Zul.



---
"A time when love is lovely and deep."

Comments