Wholeness.

Bismillah

"Our bruises, our scars, for others are flaws, for us they`re the light in the dark."

“I said: what about my eyes?
He said: Keep them on the road.
I said: What about my passion?
He said: Keep it burning.
I said: What about my heart?
He said: Tell me what you hold inside it?
I said: Pain and sorrow.
He said: Stay with it. The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
- Jalaluddin Rumi.

Memang setiap manusia menyukai sesuatu yang mudah, menggembirakan dan membahagiakan namun yang paling banyak mengajarkan, mendewasakan dan mematangkan kita hakikatnya adalah kesedihan, kesusahan dan kepahitan hidup. Bahkan dalam ujian-ujian kehidupan, setiap kesedihan, kesusahan dan kepahitanlah yang paling banyak membuatkan kita merasakan dekat denganNya berbanding kemudahan, kegembiraan dan kebahagiaan yang kadangkala membuatkan kita lupa nak bersyukur. Mungkin itulah hikmahnya Allah sengaja menciptakan banyak rasa dalam hidup ini, agar kita lebih menghargai erti kegembiraan tatkala bersedih, dan memahami erti kesedihan tatkala bergembira. Yang pasti, setiap rasa itu dari Allah, maka kepada Dialah ia harus dikembalikan.



"I actually attack the concept of happiness. The idea that – I don’t mind people being happy – but the idea that everything we do is part of the pursuit of happiness seems to me a really dangerous idea and has led to a contemporary disease in Western society, which is fear of sadness. It’s a really odd thing that we’re now seeing people saying “write down 3 things that made you happy today before you go to sleep”, and “cheer up” and “happiness is our birthright” and so on. We’re kind of teaching our kids that happiness is the default position – it’s rubbish. Wholeness is what we ought to be striving for and part of that is sadness, disappointment, frustration, failure; all of those things which make us who we are. Happiness and victory and fulfillment are nice little things that also happen to us, but they don’t teach us much. Everyone says we grow through pain and then as soon as they experience pain they say “Quick! Move on! Cheer up!” I’d like just for a year to have a moratorium on the word “happiness” and to replace it with the word “wholeness”. Ask yourself “is this contributing to my wholeness?” and if you’re having a bad day, it is."
- Hugh Mackay.


---
I guess being a 'sappy' (sad and happy)  person is not too bad, huh? Yea. :)

Comments