Die with memories, not dreams.


December to remember.

"We're waiting for tomorrow,
But tomorrow never comes,
Our last breath is right upon our heels,
Yet we still refuse to run.


86400 seconds,
And we're in another day,
All slipping through our fingers,
As we look the other way.


Days, weeks, months and years,
Are made up of right now,
A string of fleeting moments,
That we can never pin down.


We gaze into the future,
As though it's where we're meant to be,
Always planning for that day,
When we can say we're happy.


We spend so long looking forward,
That we may as well be blind,
Since we don't see until the very end,
All the things we've left behind.


Now I know it's just a theory,
But I think I've worked out how,
The only way to happiness,
Is to love what we have now."


When I say I want to travel, I want to discover small coffee shops. I want to sit there and watch the world goes by. I want to walk on beaches. I want to browse the secondhand book stores. I want my mind to be in constant awe. I want to be able to remember how I was transformed by the places I've been to, the things I've seen and the people I've met. I want to come home and realize that I have not come home whole, but have left a piece of my heart in each place I've been.


---
"Mulai impianmu untuk keliling dunia dengan negerimu, kerna negerimu ini juga sebahagian dari dunia." - A. Fuadi.

Comments

  1. Its' all about the journey, not destination..

    saya selalu berpegang bumi ini milik Allah, Ary. warna bendera, garis pemisah antara negara dan sebagainya itu semua manusia yang cipta. tak perlu nak takut utk semua ciptaan manusia. Ingat dan sentiasa berdoa pada Dia, InsyaAllah dia akan sentiasa ada dengan kita..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dan sememangnya ke mana pun kita bepergian, di mana pun kaki kita berpijak, akan selalu ada tanda kebesaranNya. Asal kita melihat dengan mata hati dan merasaiNya dengan jiwa, maka walau kita bersendirian sekalipun, kita tidak pernah sendiri. Teruskan memberi inspirasi. Keep travelling! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment